Green Jade Neocaridina Shrimp, BREDBY: Aquatic Arts Combo Box
This is a combo box designed for optimal health and tank conditions for your new Green Jade Shrimp (Neocaridina davidii).
COMBO BOX CONTENTS:
If Purchased Separately you would have to pay $160.96 for the contents of this combo box! Start your shrimp tank the right way with this great deal!
- Green Jade Shrimp (Neocaridina davidi), BREDBY: Aquatic Arts
- 10 shrimp that will range from unsexed juvenile to small males ($124.99)
- Aquatic Arts Starter Shrimp Food Pack ($9.99)
- Botanical Breeder Combo Pack ($15.99)
- Aquatic Art's Choice Live Moss Loose Portion ($9.99)
We are extremely proud to offer our very own Aquatic Arts Bred line of the stunning Green Jade Shrimp!
This is one of the most recent forms in the ever-growing varieties of this dwarf shrimp species. Boasting a beautiful deep green coloration (especially with dark substrate), this variety is sure to quickly rise in popularity. Some specimens have a green-yellow, green-blue, or dark green-black coloration as well. (Their coloration does vary greatly so they may not look exactly like the photos due to their high variability)
This shrimp is a scavenger and is very useful in planted and nano aquariums. The bulk of its diet is biofilm, algae, and decaying plant matter so it will work diligently to clean up the waste in any aquarium. It feeds constantly, so it displays constant activity. In a less mature aquarium, it should be fed high quality flake and mini pellet dry foods with high algae/spirulina/plant content.
These shrimp are young (around 1/6 inch to 3/4 inch in length), but will grow up to be 1 inch on average as fully grown adults. Young shrimp will ship and acclimate better to your aquarium. Just be weary when adding them to a tank with fish as some fish may find these young shrimp as food.
Some of the younger shrimp have not reached their full potential yet and will become brighter in color as long as they are comfortable in the tank. Lower intensity lighting and dark substrate also helps them achieve the brightest coloration.
- Healthier, hardier, and will adjust to your tank better than other shrimp
- Striking deep green coloration, sometimes with blue highlights
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tankmates
- Safe with all plants
- Excellent scavenger
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons, recommended 10 gallon minimum for a colony
- Temperature: 64° - 78° F (17.8° - 25.5° C)
- pH: 6.8 - 7.5
- dGH: 6 - 15
- dKH: 0 - 10
- TDS: 180 - 400
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily.
- Aquatic Arts Snowflake Premium Shrimp Food & Aquatic Arts Pollen Granules Premium Shrimp Food are excellent supplements to the diet of any shrimp. Give them a try and your shrimp will thank you for the tasty treat!
- Natural Botanicals are a great way to boost the immune system of your shrimp and they will also provide lots of essential biofilm for the shrimp to graze on.
- Social behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population
- Origin: Tank-bred in our facility, but wild populations indigenous to Taiwan
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/6 - 3/4 inch (.4 - 1.9 cm)