Graceful Rasbora (Trigonopoma gracile)
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
This sleek, peaceful rasbora cohabitates well with many invertebrates and is a great choice for the community or planted aquarium!
The Graceful Rasbora (Trigonopoma gracile) is a very active species that is native to Indonesia, Malaysia, and Singapore. At an adult size of just 2.2 inches (5.5 cm), this peaceful schooling fish is an excellent addition to the well-decorated community aquarium. Males are more intensely colored than females, which are typically larger. A large school of this sleek, torpedo-shaped fish is quite a sight to see!
Like many typical rasboras, the Graceful Rasbora is very active and should be kept in schools of at least 6-10 specimens, although even larger schools are more optimal. This fish is relatively undemanding in a well-maintained aquarium, but it needs a fair amount of space due to its active and somewhat nervous nature. Stress and nervousness are minimal when this fish is kept in a larger school. The Graceful Rasbora is completely peaceful and rather social with many other fish species as well. It is compatible with almost any smaller, active, peaceful fish and will sometimes appear to school and interact with other species regularly. It will thrive in a planted aquarium with a good amount of decor such as rockwork and driftwood and its color will be most vibrant over dark substrate. It will not bother ornamental plants. It is compatible with any peaceful invertebrates that are too large to be considered prey, but it may prey on dwarf shrimp fry. This fish is a prodigious swimmer and jumper, so a tight-fitting lid or significantly lowered waterline is necessary to prevent startled or excited specimens from jumping out of the aquarium.
The Graceful Rasbora is a micropredator in nature, feeding on tiny invertebrates such as insect larvae. In the aquarium, it is very unfussy and will accept most high-quality dry foods. However, it should also be fed a varied diet that includes live or frozen meaty foods of appropriate size.
- Beautiful coloration and sleek shape
- Completely peaceful
- Form schools with each other and with other species
- Safe with plants
- Completely peaceful
- Temperature: 70° - 79° F (21° - 26° C)
- pH: 4.0 - 7.0
- KH: 0 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 20+ gallons for a school of 6-12
- Diet: Micropredator. Will readily accept most dry foods but should be fed a varied diet including frozen and/or live meaty foods of appropriate size.
- Social behavior: Peaceful, schooling/shoaling.
- Origin: Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore
- Average adult size: 2 - 2.2 inches (5 - 5.5 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1+ inch (2.5+ cm)