Golden Giant Sulawesi Rabbit Snails (Tylomelania sp.) - 1" to 3"
One of the rarest snails in the aquarium hobby, and its body features a luminous, sunny yellow coloration.
This is the Giant Golden Sulawesi Snail, among one of the rarest snails in the aquarium hobby. Like the original Giant Sulawesi Snails, this snail comes from Indonesia and is only rarely seen in the United States. These are very difficult to acquire here, and we have never seen them in a local pet store. They feed on leftover food or just about any kind of fish food.
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- pH level range: 7.5 - 8.5
- Temperature range: 76° - 82° F (24° - 28° C)
- Water type: Soft to medium hard
- Recommended Aquatic Arts tank mates: Other types of snails (Nerite Snails, Mystery Snails, Golden Rabbit Snails, etc.), dwarf shrimp (such as Blue Velvet shrimp, Sakura Red Cherry Shrimp, Neon Yellow Shrimp, etc.). They can also be kept with non-aggressive fish.
- Additional notes: These snails are large and need room to move, so it's a good idea to avoid dense vegetation or overcrowding in your aquarium. Sulawesi snails eat algae, plant matter, and invertebrate pellets, and they have also been known to munch on plants like Java Ferns. Snails are very sensitive to copper, so watch out for copper if you use tap water in your tank.