Golden Bee Shrimp (Caridina cantonensis)
Golden Bee Shrimp are a color variant of the popular Bee Shrimp. Thus, they belong to the same species as Bee Shrimp (Caridina cantonensis). They feature the same white color as Bee Shrimp, but instead of black markings accompanying the white markings, these shrimp feature a lovely yellow or orange coloration instead. Golden Bee Shrimp are just as striking as Bee Shrimp against any backdrop or substrate, and they are sure to add color and excitement to any aquarium set-up!
These are freshwater shrimp and can live in almost any freshwater aquarium. They are very popular for planted tanks and community tanks, and many people use them in large aquariums for waste management and algae control. As with all dwarf shrimp, a colony of Bee shrimp work as a very effective cleaning crew for your aquarium, as they feed on algae and waste.
We generally send young adult shrimp that range from 1/2 to 3/4 inch in length.
- Attractive coloration with striped pattern
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tankmates
- Safe with all plants
- Excellent scavenger
- Temperature: 65° - 80° F (18° - 27° C)
- pH: 6.2 - 6.8
- KH: 0 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily
- Social behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population
- Origin: Tank-raised in and indigenous to Taiwan
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/2 - 3/4 inch (1.3 - 1.9 cm)