Golden Back Yellow Shrimp, Locally-Bred Combo Box
- 10 Golden Back Yellow Shrimp, Locally-Bred ($57.99)
- 20 Golden Back Yellow Shrimp, Locally-Bred ($92.99)
- Aquatic Arts Starter Shrimp Food Pack ($9.99)
- Botanical Breeder Combo Pack ($14.99)
- Aquatic Art's Choice Live Moss Loose Portion ($9.99)
If Purchased Separately you would have to pay $92.96 or $127.96 for the contents of this combo box! Start your shrimp tank the right way with this great deal!
These shrimp are locally-bred indoors with true level 1 UV sterilization. These specimens are also treated and observed for 30 days before being sold.
Golden Back Yellow shrimp are a higher grade of Neon Yellow Shrimp that feature a brilliant, neon yellow "racing" stripe down the back. Their gorgeous coloration draws the eye directly to these dynamic little shrimp and adds charm and cheer to any aquarium set-up. These shrimp look great, clean your tank, and are a blast to watch! They are very active and breed quickly.
These shrimp are young (around 1/4 inch to 3/4 inch in length), but will grow up to be 1 inch on average as fully grown adults. Young shrimp will ship and acclimate better to your aquarium. Just be weary when adding them to a tank with fish as some fish may find these young shrimp as food.
Younger shrimp may have not reached their full potential yet and will grow into a bright yellow color as long as they are comfortable in the tank. Lower intensity lighting and dark substrate also helps them achieve the most vibrant yellows.
- Bright and cheery yellow coloration with iridescent stripe down the back
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tankmates
- Safe with all plants
- Excellent scavenger
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons, recommended 10 gallon minimum for a colony
- Temperature: 64° - 78° F (17.8° - 25.5° C)
- pH: 6.8 - 7.5
- dGH: 6 - 15
- dKH: 0 - 10
- TDS: 180 - 400
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily.
- Aquatic Arts Snowflake Premium Shrimp Food & Aquatic Arts Pollen Granules Premium Shrimp Food are excellent supplements to the diet of any shrimp. Give them a try and your shrimp will thank you for the tasty treat!
- Natural Botanicals are a great way to boost the immune system of your shrimp and they will also provide lots of essential biofilm for the shrimp to graze on.
- Social behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population
- Origin: Tank-bred , but wild populations indigenous to Taiwan
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/4 - 3/4 inch (0.64 - 1.9 cm)