Gold Panda Cory Catfish (Corydoras panda) - Tank-Bred!
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
The Gold Panda Cory Catfish is a variant that is not commonly seen in the aquarium hobby. This lovely fish retains all of the great qualities of the nominal type, but offers a rare and unique appearance!
The Gold Panda Cory Catfish (Corydoras panda) is a very animated schooling fish that is perfect for the community and planted aquarium. While the nominal form of this species has distinctive panda-like markings, this uncommon variant has an overall gold/peach coloration with more faint black coloration, but it does not have red/pink eyes that are often characteristing of an albino variant. This is a truly rare form of a very beloved species!
The Gold Panda Cory Catfish is a very peaceful schooling fish that is compatible with most nano aquarium animals. It might eat dwarf shrimp fry, but is generally safe to keep with adult dwarf shrimp. It is a classic scavenger and will inhabit and feed at the aquarium floor, which should be comprised of sand or smooth gravel. Very coarse substrate can damage its delicate barbels and underbelly. This fish is otherwise very undemanding, and it will accept most dry, frozen, and live meaty foods. It is adaptable to most tropical freshwater conditions as long as standard regular maintenance is performed.
- The Panda Cory Catfish is a very peaceful and hardy addition to almost any aquarium.
- Compatible with most adult dwarf shrimp and other invertebrates.
- Thrives in schools in well-planted aquariums.
- Distinctive coloration and group schooling behavior.
- Compatible in a wide variety of community setups
- Temperature: 72° - 79° F (22° - 25° C)
- pH: 6.5 - 7.5
- KH: 6 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 20 gallons for a group of 6-12 specimens
- Diet: High-quality flake, pellet and wafer foods as well as frozen foods such as bloodworms and tubifex.
- Social behavior: Peaceful; requires a school of 6 or more to thrive.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to South and Central America.
- Average adult size: 2 inches (5 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/2 - 1 inch (1.2 - 2.5 cm)