Gold El Silverado Endler’s Livebearer, Male (Poecilia wingei) - Tank-Bred!
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
This gold variant of the El Silverado is yet another stunning and unique variant of the perfect nano fish!
The Gold El Silverado Endler’s Livebearer (Poecilia wingei) is an extremely colorful, peaceful fish whose small size makes it absolutely perfect for the nano or planted aquarium. It is unlike other endler varieties due to its exceptional amount of gold and silver-blue body coloration. This fish is very similar to the larger common guppy (Poecilia reticulata). It is very hardy, especially for such a small fish.
Endlers typically occupy the top level of the water column, although they can often be seen swimming and feeding in the middle and bottom levels as well. They are also not afraid to jump, so they must be kept in an aquarium with either a lid/hood/canopy or at least a significantly lowered water level. They will not eat or bother plants. They are safe with other peaceful fish as long as the other fish are not known to nip at the long tail of the Endler. Adult dwarf shrimp are generally safe as well, but Endlers may eat shrimp fry. Larger, peaceful invertebrates can also make good tankmates. Endlers are best kept in groups.
While not a picky eater, the Gold El Silverado Endler’s Livebearer will thrive and remain very colorful on a varied diet of meaty foods supplemented with spirulina or other nutritious vegetable matter. High-quality and flake food, pellets, and frozen or freeze-dried tubifex and bloodworms will all be readily accepted.
- Distinctive gold and silver body coloration
- Peaceful disposition with fish and peaceful invertebrates
- Hardy and adaptable
- Excellent for inhabiting the top of the aquarium
Temperature: 75° - 86° F (24° - 30° C)
- pH: 7.0 - 8.5
- KH: 15 - 35 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 5 gallons
- Diet: Omnivorous. Will easily accept high quality dry and frozen foods.
- Social behavior: Peaceful, schooling/shoaling.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to northern South America.
- Average adult size: 1 inch (2.5 cm)
- Average purchase size: .5 - 1 inch (1.3 - 2.5 cm)