Giant Sulawesi Rabbit Snails (Tylomelania sp.) - 1" to 3"
One of the rarest snails in the aquarium hobby, this large snail's body has a beautiful white or yellow-spotted coloration.
- pH level range: 7.5 - 8.5
- Temperature range: 76° - 82° F (24° - 28° C)
- Water type: Soft to medium hard
- Recommended Aquatic Arts tank mates: Other types of snails (Nerite Snails, Mystery Snails, Golden Rabbit Snails, etc.), dwarf shrimp (such as Blue Velvet shrimp, Sakura Red Cherry Shrimp, Neon Yellow Shrimp, etc.). They can also be kept with non-aggressive fish.
- Additional notes: These snails are large and need room to move, so it's a good idea to avoid dense vegetation or overcrowding in your aquarium. Sulawesi snails eat algae, plant matter, and invertebrate pellets, and they have also been known to munch on plants like Java Ferns. Snails are very sensitive to copper, so watch out for copper if you use tap water in your tank.