German Blue Blushing Angelfish (Pterophyllum scalare "German Blue Blushing") - LOCALLY BRED!!!
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
We are proud to offer LOCALLY BRED, SUPERB specimens of this beautiful angelfish variety! These fish are delivered to our facility by an expert breeder, which saves the fish the stress of long-term incoming shipment. This is particularly beneficial for angelfish, which are sensitive in lengthy shipment.
The German Blue Blushing Angelfish (Pterophyllum scalare "German Blue Blushing") is an exceptional angelfish variety that begins with a mostly white body and black fins, then develops very impressive blue coloration across its body as it matures. This particular stock is locally bred and has superb coloration. This shoaling cichlid is relatively peaceful compared to other members of the cichlid family. It also has a very thin, tall body unlike most other cichlids. The Angelfish is indigenous to several river systems in Northern South America, but virtually all specimens in the aquarium hobby have been tank-raised for generations.
The German Blue Blushing Angelfish will thrive in a heavily planted aquarium with driftwood and/or rock formations and gentle water flow. It is not overly reclusive, but this fish strongly prefers the cover of plants and, due to its body shape, is not likely to seek refuge in rock caves and similar structures. The German Blue Blushing Angelfish is generally compatible with other peaceful fish as long as it has plenty of space. Territoriality is typically at its peak during spawning. Dwarf shrimp and other small, delicate invertebrates should not be kept with the German Blue Blushing Angelfish, but more durable, larger shrimp and snails could possibly make good tankmates in a large enough aquarium. If spawning is desired, tankmates of other species should be kept to a minimum or avoided altogether unless the aquarium is very spacious.
Feeding is simple for the unfussy German Blue Blushing Angelfish. High-quality dry, frozen, and live foods will all be readily accepted. Quality and variety are the keys to a diet that will ensure that this fish maintains optimal health and coloration.
We are currently offering locally bred juvenile specimens of this magnificent angelfish variety!
What We Like About This Fish:
- Superb coloration, including stunning blue coloration as it matures
- Very elegant appearance and behavior
- Ideal for planted aquariums
- Possible to breed in the aquarium
- Excellent centerpiece fish for the heavily planted aquarium
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 76° - 86° F (24° - 30° C)
- pH: 6.0 - 7.4
- KH: 0 – 15 KH
- Minimum tank size: 40 gallons for a pair, but a larger tank is required for a group. The tall body shape of this fish must be considered regarding the height of its tank.
- Diet: Omnivorous. A variety of high-quality dry, frozen, and live foods is necessary for optimal health and coloration.
- Social behavior: Shoaling. Generally peaceful, but can be territorial during spawning.
- Origin: Tank-raised, but indigenous to Northern South America
- Average adult size: 6 inches (15 cm) long, 8 inches (20 cm) tall
- Average purchase size: 1.5 – 2 inches (3.8 – 5 cm)