Female Bettas (1 to 2 inches) - Hand-picked from an assortment of colors!
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your item contains this item and you choose UPS 2nd Day Air, we will bill you for UPS Next Day Air Service or we will cancel your order. *
Female Bettas are famous for their gorgeous coloration, their elegant-looking fins, and their charming personalities.
Bettas are extremely popular because of their jewel-tone colors and their long and elaborate fins. They are usually placed in small aquariums (but not too small - 2 gallons or more is ideal for one Betta), and are often used as a colorful decoration for various rooms in the house. Different types of Bettas have different tail shapes - the most commonly found shape is the "veil tail," but other shapes include "double tail," "crown tail," "half-moon," and "short-finned fighting-style tail."
Our female Bettas are hand-selected from a HUGE variety of colors and tail shapes. These Bettas are provided by a supplier that imports over a thousand bettas per week. Because of this, we unfortunately cannot take requests for any particular color or body-type. However, any Bettas you receive from us are guaranteed to be exceptionally high-quality and to look absolutely stunning in any aquarium!
Unlike their male counterparts, female Bettas are peaceful and can be placed in community tanks. They do not tend to fight each other and may even school with each other - behavior you will never find in a male Betta! Females will get along fine with most other types of fish, as long as those fish aren't aggressive. They have also been known to co-exist peacefully with snails, loaches, tetras, plecos, and African dwarf frogs. There have been success stories of Bettas living with shrimp, but it's definitely not a guarantee and we cannot recommend keeping them together.
Otherwise, female Bettas are very easy to care for and thus are considered a great fish for beginners.
- pH level range: 6.0 - 7.5
- Temperature range: 72° - 82° F (22° - 28° C)
- Water type: Soft to medium
- Recommended Aquatic Arts tank mates: Snails (such as Nerite Snails, Sulawesi Snails, etc.), other non-aggressive fish.
- Additional notes: Bettas can be fed a variety of foods, including flake foods, tablets, frozen food, brine shrimp, blood worms, and daphnia.