Copper Leaf Ammania (Ammania senegalensis), bunch
$ 3.95 $ 4.95
Copper Leaf Ammania is an exceptionally colorful stem plant that is relatively new to the aquarium hobby. With proper care, it will display an exceptional variety of bright colors!
Copper Leaf Ammania (Ammania senegalensis) is a breathtaking stem plant that is among the most multi-colored stem plants when it is kept in ideal conditions. With adequate nutrients and lighting, it develops bold red/maroon coloration that is highlighted with yellow, green, and orange. It is most certainly a standout plant that can be a focal point of the aquarium.
Copper Leaf Ammania is best placed in the midground to background and will look its best under high lighting. It can be kept in moderate lighting, but is not likely to develop its red and orange coloration under this condition. It grows at a moderate rate with the correct maintenance and care. CO2 supplementation may not be absolutely required for Copper Leaf Ammania to really thrive and flourish, but it is recommended. High lighting and nutrients (especially iron) are required for it to maintain its reddish coloration. It can be planted in the substrate and stems of excessive length can be trimmed, then the cuttings can be replanted to increase the bunch. It can also be planted emersed in paludariums and viquariums.
What We Like About This Plant:
- Beautiful dark red, yellow, and orange coloration with proper care
- Easy to prune and propagate
- Perfect for a midground or background highlight
- Less common than many other stem plants
- Relatively uncommon in the hobby
- Temperature: 68° - 82° F (20° - 28° C)
- pH: 5.0 - 7.5
- Lighting: Moderate to High
- Origin: Indigenous to Central and West Aftica, but cultivated in US nurseries
- Aquarium placement: Middle to Background
- Care: Moderate to Difficult, CO2 supplementation is highly recommended
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!