Bumblebee Catfish (Microglanis iheringi)
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
The South American Bumblebee Catfish is an interesting, distinctively marked scavenger that can prove to be a useful member of many community aquariums. This bottom-dwelling catfish stands above the rest due to its unique appearance and peaceful nature. Its tan and black markings make it immediately distinguishable when compared with many other more drably-marked, bottom-dwelling fish.
- Attractive tan and black striping
- Peaceful disposition with any tankmates too large to be swallowed
- Hardy and adaptable
- Excellent scavenger and nocturnal feeder that will not bother plants
- Temperature: 72° - 79° F (22° - 26° C)
- pH: 6.5 - 7.5
- KH: 6 - 15 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 20 gallons
- Diet: Carnivorous. High-quality sinking pellets and freeze-dried or frozen meaty foods will be readily accepted.
- Social behavior: Peaceful with any animals too large to be swallowed. Can be kept singly or in groups.
- Origin: South America: Venezuela, Aragua, Rio Tumero.
- Average adult size: 2 - 3 inches (5 - 7.6 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)