Black Diamond Shrimp (Neocaridina davidi) - 1/2" to 3/4"
Dazzling is the best word we can think of to describe the Black Diamond shrimp. Known to some as Blue Wizard shrimp or Blue Diamond Neos, these stunning animals are a royal, jewel-toned blue (although some are an extremely dark, almost black color or a very dark magenta). Their extraordinary color immediately draws all eyes to them in any aquarium set-up!
Black Diamond shrimp are a selectively bred variant of Neocaridina davidi - the same species as Sakura Red Cherry shrimp. Care requirements for these shrimp are close to those for Sakura Red Cherry shrimp. When kept in high quality water that is maintained within the recommended water parameters, these shrimp may grow into large, beautiful colored colony! As with all dwarf shrimp, a colony of Black Diamond shrimp work as a very effective cleaning crew for your tanks, cleaning up algae and waste!
We generally ship young adult shrimp that are already of breeding age.
- pH level range: 6.5 - 8.0
- Temperature range: 64° - 80° F (18° - 27° C)
- Water type: Soft or hard, as long as it remains stable
- Recommended Aquatic Arts tank mates: Other types of dwarf shrimp (such as Sakura Fire Red Cherry Shrimp, Neon Yellow Shrimp, Amano Shrimp, etc.), various types of snails (such as Nerite Snails, Sulawesi Snails, etc.). They can also be kept with small to medium-sized, non-aggressive fish.
- Additional notes: Relatively easy to care for - similar to other dwarf shrimp species. Dwarf shrimp prefer to live in tanks with live aquatic plants (such as java moss, water sprite, green cabomba, etc.). This is because dwarf shrimp like the cover that plants provide, they love to graze on the plants for algae, and the plants help keep the water clean for them.