Black Diamond Shrimp (Neocaridina davidi)
Black Diamond Shrimp feature a stunning dark color that must be seen to be believed! Known to some as Black Tiger Shrimp, these stunning animals are a deep black-brown color, which immediately draws all eyes to them in any aquarium set-up!
Black Diamond shrimp are a selectively bred variant of Neocaridina davidi - the same species as Sakura Red Cherry shrimp. Care requirements for these shrimp are close to those for Sakura Red Cherry shrimp. When kept in high quality water that is maintained within the recommended water parameters, these shrimp may grow into a large, beautiful colony! As with all dwarf shrimp, a colony of Black Diamond shrimp work as a very effective cleaning crew for your tanks, cleaning up algae and waste.
We generally ship young adult shrimp that are already of breeding age and range from 1/2 to 3/4 inch in length.
- Unique black/deep brown coloration
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tankmates
- Safe with all plants
- Excellent scavenger
- Temperature: 64° - 84° F (17.8° - 28.8° C)
- pH: 6.5 - 7.5
- KH: 0 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily
- Social behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population
- Origin: Tank-raised in and indigenous to Taiwan
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/2 - 3/4 inch (1.3 - 1.9 cm)