The handmade Bamboo Charcoal Shelter provides valuable refuge and grazing areas for both invertebrates and fish. With attached Java Moss, it also serves as a very attractive piece of naturalistic decor in the aquarium!
Aquarists are often looking for practical, attractive, and naturalistic decor for their aquariums. The Bamboo Charcoal Shelter serves all of these purposes, especially in the nano aquarium. Each bamboo charcoal tube is roughly 1 inch (2.5 cm) in diameter and 2 inches (5 cm) long. Small invertebrates such as dwarf shrimp and crabs are easily attracted to the refuge of such structures, as are small bottom-dwelling fish such as plecos. In an extra fancy touch, our Bamboo Charcoal Shelters also have a generous portion of Java Moss (Taxiphyllum barbieri) attached, giving them the look of an "underwater house."
We are currently offering the Bamboo Charcoal Shelter in 3-tube and 6-tube designs. Both are built from tubes of the same size (listed above) and covered in Java Moss, which provides a valuable grazing area for shrimp and many other animals.
(No aquarium plant distributor/nursery/wholesaler/retailer, can or will guarantee their plants to be 100% snail free, we can not guarantee our plants will be snail free)
What We Like About This Decoration:
- Provides refuge for fish, invertebrates, and their fry
- Attractive, naturalistic appearance
- Low-maintenance Java Moss is already attached and established
- Can be used almost anywhere in the aquarium
- Handmade from inert, aquarium-safe materials
Java Moss Care Guidelines:
- Temperature: 59° - 82° F (15° - 28° C)
- pH: 5.5 - 7.5
- Lighting: Low to moderate
- Origin: Nursery grown, but indigenous to Southeast Asia
- Aquarium placement: Any
- Care: Easy
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!