Red/Pink Ammania (Ammania gracilis), bunch
Red/Pink Ammania is a striking, fast-growing stem plant that develops vibrant pink to red coloration with proper care, and it is easy to propagate!
Red/Pink Ammania (Ammania gracilis), also known as Delicate Ammania or Large Ammania, is a very distinctive stem plant that can add great color contrasts to many planted aquarium setups. With adequate nutrients and lighting, it can develop very striking red and pink coloration. It will sometimes even develop small purple flowers with maturity. It is a very rewarding plant that requires some special attention, but it certainly is not for experts only!
Red/Pink Ammania is best placed in the midground to background and will look its best under strictly high lighting. It grows at a fast rate with the correct maintenance and care. CO2 supplementation may not be absolutely required for Red/Pink Ammania to really thrive and flourish, but it is recommended. High lighting and nutrients (especially iron) are required for it to maintain its reddish coloration. It can be planted in the substrate and stems of excessive length can be trimmed, then the cuttings can be replanted to increase the bunch. It can also be planted emersed in paludariums and viquariums.
What We Like About This Plant:
- Beautiful red and pink coloration with proper care
- Prolific and easy to prune
- Perfect for a midground or background highlight
- Less common than many other stem plants
- Attractive, curved leaves
- Temperature: 68° - 82° F (20° - 28° C)
- pH: 5.0 - 7.5
- Lighting: High
- Origin: Indigenous to East Aftica, but cultivated in US nurseries
- Aquarium placement: Middle to Background
- Care: Moderate to Difficult, CO2 supplementation is highly recommended
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!