Slate AKA Concolor Cory Catfish (Corydoras concolor)
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
The Slate Cory Catfish is fairly uncommon and boasts distinctive dark gray body coloration along with rust-colored fins!
The Slate Cory Catfish (Corydoras concolor), also known as the Concolor Cory Catfish, is one of the less common, but very distinctive species .It is somewhat rare in the aquarium hobby, but welcome and desired by many aquarists and enthusiasts of community Amazon fish due to its dark gray body coloration coupled with rust-colored fins .It is a very animated, distinctively marked schooling fish that is perfect for the nano, community, and planted aquarium.
The Slate Cory Catfish is a very peaceful schooling fish that is compatible with most nano aquarium animals, including dwarf cichlids and angelfish. It might prey on some smaller dwarf shrimp, but is safe with larger shrimp and most other peaceful ornamental invertebrates. It is a classic scavenger and will inhabit and feed at the aquarium floor, which should be comprised of sand or smooth gravel. Very coarse substrate can damage its delicate barbels and underbelly, so it should be kept in an aquarium with sand or very smooth gravel substrate. This fish is otherwise undemanding as it will accept most dry, frozen, and live foods. It is adaptable to most tropical freshwater conditions as long as standard regular maintenance is performed and sudden changes are avoided.
- Very peaceful and hardy addition to almost any aquarium
- Distinctive dark gray body coloration with rust colored fins
- Compatible with most adult dwarf shrimp and other invertebrates
- Thrives in schools in well-planted aquaria
- Distinctive coloration and group schooling behavior.
- Temperature: 68° - 79° F (20° - 26° C)
- pH: 5.5 - 7.0. Softer water is preferred, but this fish is somewhat flexible as long as sudden changes are avoided.
- KH: 0 - 15 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 15 gallons for a school of 6
- Diet: High-quality dry foods as well as live and frozen meaty foods. Variety is essential.
- Social behavior: Peaceful; requires a school of 6 or more to thrive.
- Origin: Venezuela
- Average adult size: 2.2 - 2.4 inches (5.5 - 6.0 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1.5 - 2 inches (3.8 - 5 cm)