Golden Bee Shrimp (Caridina cantonensis var. "Golden Bee"), Tank-Bred!
* For the safety of our animals, we ship Golden Bee Shrimp exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
This elegant Bee Shrimp variant is an excellent addition to the planted or nano aquarium and will not interbreed with Neocaridina species.
The Golden Bee Shrimp (Caridina cantonensis var. “Golden Bee”) is a popular variant of the classic Bee Shrimp. It is relatively hardy like many of the Neocaridina dwarf shrimp and is a great option for dedicated aquarists who are looking to try something new. Its body is an overall golden-tinted ivory color.
Another great characteristic of the Golden Bee Shrimp is that it will not interbreed with Neocaridina dwarf shrimp, so it will not compromise the genetics of breeding colonies of shrimp such as Cherry, Blue Velvet, Neon Yellow, Orange, Black/Blue Diamond, Chocolate, Green Jade, Snowball, and Rili shrimp.
This shrimp is a scavenger and is very useful in planted and nano aquariums. The bulk of its diet is biofilm, algae, and decaying plant matter so it will work diligently to clean up the waste in any aquarium. It feeds constantly, so it displays constant activity. In a less mature aquarium, it should be fed high quality flake and mini pellet dry foods with high algae/spirulina/plant content. Like most Caridina varieties, it is best kept in an aquarium with a soft pH of 6.2-6.8.
What We Like About This Shrimp:
- Elegant golden/cream coloration
- Excellent companion colony to Neocaridina shrimp
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tankmates
- Safe with all plants
- Excellent scavenger
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 65° - 80° F (18° - 27° C), lower temperatures in this range are optimal
- pH: 6.2 - 6.8
- KH: 0 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily, but in sparing portions.
- Social behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population
- Origin: Tank-bred but wild populations indigenous to Taiwan
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/2 - 3/4 inch (1.3 - 1.9 cm)
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!