Assorted Neocaridina Shrimp (Neocaridina davidi/zhangjiajiensis), Locally-Bred
These shrimp are locally-bred indoors with true level 1 UV sterilization. These specimens are also treated and observed for 30 days before being sold.
For those that love dwarf shrimp but are not interested in breeding a single color line, or for those that just want a complete mix of colors, we offer a “mixed bag” of young adult Neocaridina davidi/zhangjiajiensis shrimp. The different color morphs can breed together and over a long period of time without culling out the wild forms that are produced can lead to more wilds. But if the wilds are culled out of the population the vast majority of the offspring in future generations will still be colorful and can produce some very interesting non traditional color patters as well!
Each bag may include an assortment of colors and patterns, which can include red, blue, yellow, orange, black, white, brown, maroon, and various Rili varieties (depending on current stock, repeated colors are possible).
Care for this shrimp is identical to all varieties of Cherry, Neon Yellow, Blue Velvet, Sapphire, Blue/Black Diamond, Chocolate, Snowball, and Rili shrimp. These shrimp are comparably durable as well.
These shrimp are young (around 1/4 inch to 3/4 inch in length), but will grow up to be 1 inch on average as fully grown adults. Young shrimp will ship and acclimate better to your aquarium. Just be weary when adding them to a tank with fish as some fish may find these young shrimp as food.
This shrimp is a scavenger and is very useful in planted and nano aquariums. The bulk of its diet is biofilm, algae, and decaying plant matter, so it will work diligently to clean up the waste in any aquarium. Dwarf shrimp feed constantly, so they display constant activity. In a less mature aquarium, they should be fed high quality flake and mini pellet dry foods with high algae/spirulina/plant content.
- High quality coloration and variety
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tankmates
- Safe with all plants
- Excellent scavenger
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons, recommended 10 gallon minimum for a colony
- Temperature: 64° - 78° F (17.8° - 25.5° C)
- pH: 6.8 - 7.5
- dGH: 6 - 15
- dKH: 0 - 10
- TDS: 180 - 400
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily.
- Aquatic Arts Snowflake Premium Shrimp Food & Aquatic Arts Pollen Granules Premium Shrimp Food are excellent supplements to the diet of any shrimp. Give them a try and your shrimp will thank you for the tasty treat!
- Natural Botanicals are a great way to boost the immune system of your shrimp and they will also provide lots of essential biofilm for the shrimp to graze on.
- Social behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population
- Origin: Tank-bred , but wild populations indigenous to Taiwan
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/4 - 3/4 inch (0.64 - 1.9 cm)