Green Jade Shrimp (Neocaridina davidi), Chocolate Genetic Line, Tank-Bred!
This unique variety of Neocaridina davidi is one of the more deluxe and least common varieties!
We are very excited to offer another color form of our most popular species, Neocaridina davidi… the Green Jade Shrimp! This is one of the most recent forms in the ever-growing varieties of this dwarf shrimp species. Boasting a beautiful deep green coloration (especially with dark substrate), this variety is sure to quickly rise in popularity. Some specimens have a green-yellow or green-blue coloration as well.
Care for this shrimp is identical to all varieties of Cherry, Neon Yellow, Blue Velvet, Sapphire, Blue/Black Diamond, Chocolate, Snowball, and Rili Shrimp. It is comparably durable as well.
This shrimp is a scavenger and is very useful in planted and nano aquariums. The bulk of its diet is biofilm, algae, and decaying plant matter so it will work diligently to clean up the waste in any aquarium. It feeds constantly, so it displays constant activity. In a less mature aquarium, it should be fed high quality flake and mini pellet dry foods with high algae/spirulina/plant content.
- Striking deep green coloration, sometimes with blue highlights
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tankmates
- Safe with all plants
- Excellent scavenger
- Temperature: 64° - 84° F (17.8° - 28.8° C)
- pH: 6.5 - 7.5
- KH: 0 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily. Our Spirulina flakes and BacterAE make excellent staple food products for these shrimp.
- Warning! Avoid any food product, medication, or plant fertilizer that contains Copper of any form. Copper is toxic to invertebrates . Many commercial fish foods, medications, and plant fertilizers contain copper or more commonly copper sulfate. Always look at the ingredient list for any product going into the aquarium to ensure they are copper free.
- Social behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population.
- Origin: Tank-bred , but wild populations indigenous to Taiwan
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/2 - 1 inch (1.3 - 2.5 cm)