Bloody Mary Shrimp, Locally-Bred Combo Box
- 10 Bloody Mary Shrimp, Locally-Bred ($74.99)
- 20 Bloody Mary Shrimp, Locally-Bred ($133.99)
- Aquatic Arts Starter Shrimp Food Pack ($9.99)
- Botanical Breeder Combo Pack ($15.99)
- Aquatic Art's Choice Live Moss Loose Portion ($9.99)
If Purchased Separately you would have to pay $110.96 or $169.96 for the contents of this combo box! Start your shrimp tank the right way with this great deal!
These shrimp are locally-bred indoors with true level 1 UV sterilization. These specimens are also treated and observed for 30 days before being sold.
The Bloody Mary Shrimp (Neocaridina davidi) boasts the deepest red coloration of all dwarf shrimp, even more so than the Painted Fire Red Shrimp. It appears to have a clear exoskeleton with blood red tissue underneath in both males and females. We have yet to see one that is not 100% blood red!
Care for this shrimp is identical to all varieties of Cherry, Neon Yellow, Blue Velvet, Sapphire, Blue/Black Diamond, Chocolate, Snowball, and Rili shrimp. It is comparably durable as well.
These shrimp are young (around 1/4 inch to 3/4 inch in length), but will grow up to be 1 inch on average as fully grown adults. Young shrimp will ship and acclimate better to your aquarium. Just be weary when adding them to a tank with fish as some fish may find these young shrimp as food.
This shrimp is a scavenger and is very useful in planted and nano aquariums. The bulk of its diet is biofilm, algae, and decaying plant matter so it will work diligently to clean up the waste in any aquarium. It feeds constantly, so it displays constant activity. In a less mature aquarium, it should be fed high quality flake and mini pellet dry foods with high algae/spirulina/plant content.
- Deepest red coloration of all dwarf shrimp varieties
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tankmates
- Safe with all plants
- Excellent scavenger
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons, recommended 10 gallon minimum for a colony
- Temperature: 64° - 78° F (17.8° - 25.5° C)
- pH: 6.8 - 7.5
- dGH: 6 - 15
- dKH: 0 - 10
- TDS: 180 - 400
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily.
- Aquatic Arts Snowflake Premium Shrimp Food & Aquatic Arts Pollen Granules Premium Shrimp Food are excellent supplements to the diet of any shrimp. Give them a try and your shrimp will thank you for the tasty treat!
- Natural Botanicals are a great way to boost the immune system of your shrimp and they will also provide lots of essential biofilm for the shrimp to graze on.
- Social behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population
- Origin: Tank-bred , but wild populations indigenous to Taiwan
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/4 - 3/4 inch (0.64 - 1.9 cm)