Sakura Red Cherry Shrimp (Neocaridina davidi), Tank-Bred
Add some color and excitement to your aquarium with Red Cherry Shrimp! These shrimp look great, clean your tank, and are a blast to watch! The beautiful, red coloration helps this little shrimp stand out sharply against any backdrop, plants, or substrate in any aquarium. Like all dwarf shrimp, they are very active and breed quickly. A colony of these shrimp works as a very effective cleaning crew for your aquarium, cleaning up algae and waste. Our red cherry shrimp ship out as breeding age young adults that are about 1/2 to 3/4 inch in length.
Sakura Red Cherry Grade Color:
- Mostly Red, lower body and legs can have clear patches
- Body and legs can have spots or stripes of red coloration with small clear patches
- Males can range from Regular Grade to Sakura Red Grade
BREEDER COMBO PACK:
We also offer a "Breeder Combo Pack" for Sakura Red Cherry Shrimp. This is a combo pack designed for optimal breeding results to help you quickly start a breeding colony of Sakura Red Cherry Shrimp (Neocaridina davidi). It includes 10 female shrimp and 5 male shrimp, which ship out as breeding age young adults that range from 1/2 to 3/4 inch in length. All shrimp are bagged together in one bag. To purchase this pack, select the "Breeder Combo Pack" option at the top of this page.
- Beautiful and quality red coloration
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tankmates
- Safe with all plants
- Excellent scavenger
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons, recommended 10 gallon minimum for a colony
- Temperature: 64° - 78° F (17.8° - 25.5° C)
- pH: 6.8 - 7.5
- dGH: 6 - 15
- dKH: 0 - 10
- TDS: 180 - 400
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily.
- Aquatic Arts Snowflake Premium Shrimp Food & Aquatic Arts Pollen Granules Premium Shrimp Food are excellent supplements to the diet of any shrimp. Give them a try and your shrimp will thank you for the tasty treat!
- Natural Botanicals are a great way to boost the immune system of your shrimp and they will also provide lots of essential biofilm for the shrimp to graze on.
- Social behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population
- Origin: Tank-bred , but wild populations indigenous to Taiwan
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/2 - 3/4 inch (1.3 - 1.9 cm)