Celestial Pearl Danio AKA Galaxy Rasbora (Celestichthys margaritatus), Tank-Bred
The Celestial Pearl Danio is possibly THE nano fish due to its peaceful nature, small size, and remarkably beautiful coloration!
If you're looking to add natural yet arresting beauty to your aquarium, look no further than the Celestial Pearl Danio (Celestichthys margaritatus). These jewel-toned little fish are truly a sight to be seen. Their midnight blue bodies are dotted with shimmering, pearl-colored markings that resemble a starry galaxy, and their fins add a pop of color with their bright red and orange stripes. Their lustrous, iridescent scales remind us of the notorious fish from the children's book 'The Rainbow Fish' (by author Marcus Pfister).
The Celestial Pearl Danio is peaceful and easy to care for, as long as they live in stable water parameters with good water quality. They do best in tanks that have plant, rock, or driftwood that provides them with cover. We sell these fish in a school of 6 because they are known to do best in groups of 6 or more. Celestial Pearl Danios will form schools with each other and with all other types of danios, forming rainbows of motion throughout your aquarium!
Our Celestial Pearl Danios are tank-raised, and we are one of the only suppliers in the United States that offers tank-raised Celestial Pearl Danios. We ship these fish out as juveniles that are less than an inch in size, and therefore do not yet possess the gorgeous coloration that they will have as adults. As young fish, they show some indication of a striped pattern, which eventually transforms into the iridescent dots this fish is known for. So be rest assured, once these fish mature, they will make a dazzling addition to any aquarium!
- Stunningly beautiful colors and markings
- Form schools with each other and with other danios and rasboras
- Safe with plants
- Completely peaceful
- Temperature: 73° - 79° F (23° - 26° C)
- pH: 6.5 - 7.5 (flexible as long as sudden changes are avoided)
- KH: 2 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Diet: Omnivorous. Will readily accept most flake foods and algae wafers, as well as freeze-dried daphnia, bloodworms, tubifex, and brine shrimp.
- Social behavior: Peaceful, schooling/shoaling.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to India
- Average adult size: 1 inch (2.5 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/2 - 1 inch (1.3 - 2.5 cm)