Green Jade Shrimp (Neocaridina davidi), Chocolate Genetic Line, Tank-Bred
This unique variety of Neocaridina davidi is one of the more deluxe and least common varieties!
We are very excited to offer another color form of our most popular species, Neocaridina davidi… the Green Jade Shrimp! This is one of the most recent forms in the ever-growing varieties of this dwarf shrimp species. Boasting a beautiful deep green coloration (especially with dark substrate), this variety is sure to quickly rise in popularity. Some specimens have a green-yellow, green-blue, or dark green-black coloration as well.
Care for this shrimp is identical to all varieties of Cherry, Neon Yellow, Blue Velvet, Sapphire, Blue/Black Diamond, Chocolate, Snowball, and Rili Shrimp. It is comparably durable as well.
This shrimp is a scavenger and is very useful in planted and nano aquariums. The bulk of its diet is biofilm, algae, and decaying plant matter so it will work diligently to clean up the waste in any aquarium. It feeds constantly, so it displays constant activity. In a less mature aquarium, it should be fed high quality flake and mini pellet dry foods with high algae/spirulina/plant content.
- Striking deep green coloration, sometimes with blue highlights
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tankmates
- Safe with all plants
- Excellent scavenger
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons, recommended 10 gallon minimum for a colony
- Temperature: 64° - 78° F (17.8° - 25.5° C)
- pH: 6.8 - 7.5
- dGH: 6 - 15
- dKH: 0 - 10
- TDS: 180 - 400
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily.
- Aquatic Arts Snowflake Premium Shrimp Food & Aquatic Arts Pollen Granules Premium Shrimp Food are excellent supplements to the diet of any shrimp. Give them a try and your shrimp will thank you for the tasty treat!
- Natural Botanicals are a great way to boost the immune system of your shrimp and they will also provide lots of essential biofilm for the shrimp to graze on.
- Social behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population.
- Origin: Tank-bred , but wild populations indigenous to Taiwan
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/2 - 1 inch (1.3 - 2.5 cm)